Weldcote 316L 5/32" X 36" 10 Pound Box
- 316L - TIG rod, high-alloyed, high corrosion resistant. 316L is designed for welding austenitic stainless steel of type 17 Cr 12 Ni 2.5 Mo or similar. The filler metal is also suitable for welding titanium and niobium stabilized steels such as ASTM 316Ti and ASTM 316Nb in cases where the construction is used at temperatures not exceeding 400 C. For higher temperatures, a niobium stabilized consumable such as 318- Si/SKNb-Si is required. 316L/SKR is also available with high silicon content (316L-Si/SKRSi). The higher silicon content will improve fluidity and minimize the spatter, giving a nicer weld bead appearance. Structure: Austenite with 5 Â½ 10 % ferrite. Scaling temperature: Approx. 850 C (air). Corrosion resistance: Excellent resistance to general, pitting and intercrystalline corrosion in chloride containing environments. Intended for severe service conditions, e.g. in dilute hot acids.
- Structure: Austenite with 5-10% ferrite
- Scaling temperature: Approx. 850 C (air)
- Corrosion resistance: Excellent resistance to general, pitting and intercrystalline corrosion in chloride containing environments
- Welding austenitic stainless steel of type 17 Cr 12 Ni 2.5 Mo or similar
- Welding titanium and niobium stabilized steels in cases where the construction is used at temperatures not exceeding 400 C. For higher temperatures, a niobium stabilized consumable is required
- Available with high silicon content
- Intended for severe service conditions
Â½ 10 lb
When should I use 308L, 309L or 316L filler metal?
308L (including ER308LSi) is predominately used on austenitic stainless steels, such as types 301, 302, 304, 305 and cast alloys CF-8 and CF-3. For high temperature applications such as in the electrical power industry, the high carbon 308H electrode provides better creep resistance than does 308L.
316L (including ER316LSi) filler metal should be used with 316L and 316 base metals. CF-8M and CF-3M are the cast equivalents of 316 and 316L, respectively.
Use 309L (including ER309LSi) when joining mild steel or low alloy steel to stainless steels, for joining dissimilar stainless steels such as 409 to itself or to 304L stainless, as well as for joining 309 base metal. CG-12 is the cast equivalent of 309. Some 308L applications may be substituted with 309L filler metal, but 316L or 316 applications generally require molybdenum and 309L contains no molybdenum.
Type 347 stainless steel filler metal is ideal for 347 and 321 base materials because it matches these stabilized grades. CF-8C is the cast equivalent of 347. Type 347 filler metal is also suitable most 308L filler metal applications.
This item may be built to order, or stocked at manufacturers warehouse, please call for estimated ship date or inventory confirmation.